Minestrone soup is recipe which has been prepared and eaten since ages and still forms a mainstay of Italian cuisine along with pasta. Learn how to make this fabulous recipe by following the steps given below.
|Time to Prepare||15 minutes|
|Time for cooking||30 minutes|
Ingredients For Minestrone Soup
- Cannellini beans- 1 cups
- salt pork or Pancetta- 2 ounces
- chicken broth- 10 cups
- chopped onion- 1
- chopped celery stalk- 1
- chopped carrot- 1
- chopped garlic cloves- 2
- chopped parsley- 1 cup
- extra virgin olive oil- ½ cup
- savoy cabbage- ½ head
- diced potato- 1
- diced zucchini- 2
- diced carrots- 2
- plum tomatoes- 2 cups
- Salt to taste
- ground black pepper
- Grated Parmesan cheese
How To Make Minestrone Soup
- Keep the beans soaked in water, overnight. Drain the beans of water. Take a large saucepan and put in the beans, salt pork/ pancetta and half the amount of broth. Put a lid on and boil it. Lower the flames and let it simmer for one hour.
- Take a stockpot and heat oil in it. Sauté the chopped vegetables for 5 minutes. Add in the tomatoes. Add the remaining amount of broth. Let is simmer on low heat for 45 minutes or till the vegetables are done.
- Take out the pork/pancetta and slice them finely. Now transfer half the beans to a blender and make a fine paste of them.
- Mix the beans, bean paste and chopped pork together.
- Let it simmer for another 5 minutes and season with pepper and salt. Sprinkle grated cheese on top before serving.
Some Useful Tips
Beans can absorb a lot of liquid content so be prepared to add more liquid if needed
Other Similar Recipes
- Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Milestone soup with Sweet Sausage