Yellow Lentil Salad
Yellow lentil salad is a perfect dish for evening snack. It is full of fiber and protein. It is generally made with coconut and boiled chana dal. It let you eat less and maintain your diet. It also keeps you full for long time.
|Time to Prepare||15 minutes|
|Cooking Time||15 minutes|
Ingredients For Yellow Lentil Salad
- Yellow lentils (Chana Dal) - 1 cup
- Freshly grated coconut - 1/4 cup
- Salt acc to taste
- Vegetable oil – 4 to 5 teaspoon
- Pinch of Asafoetida powder
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 teaspoon (optional)
- Green chilies cut lengthwise - 2
- Red chilies – 1to 2
- Curry leaves – 4 to 5
How To Make Yellow Lentil Salad
- Boil the dal into pressure cooker by adding about 1 1/2 cups of water. Also add turmeric about 1/4th spoon. Cook for about 3-4 whistles. Make sure that the dal does not get mashed.
- Now heat the oil into a skillet. Add cumin seeds, asafoetida powder, and mustard seeds to it. Fry them until they start crackle. Also add red and green chilies to it and fry them for about 2 seconds. Now add curry leaves and again fry for 1 minute.
- Now pout boiled chana dal into the above mixture. If there is any water into the dal then increase the flame from medium to high and let all the water gets evaporated.
- Now add grated coconut the mixture and cook over low flame. Cook for about 1 minute. Remove the skillet from the flame.
- Serve yellow lentil salad hot.
Other Similar Recipes
- Yellow lentil soup
- Carrot salad