Wheat Rava with Veggies
Wheat Rava with Veggies is a lightly spiced, nutritious, and light meal serves as a perfect meal for breakfast. Wheat Rava with Veggies is rich in vitamins and fiber and also it is very healthy for diabetic patients.
|Time to Prepare||15 minutes|
|Cooking Time||15 minutes|
Ingredients For Wheat Rava with Veggies
- Cracked Wheat (Wheat Rava) - 1 1/2 cups
- Bell pepper - 2 cups (red, green, or mixed)
- Peas - 1 1/2 cups
- Finely chopped green beans - 1 1/2 cups
- Small pieces of carrots - 1 1/2 cups
- Finely chopped tomatoes - 1 1/2 cups
- Vegetable oil – 4 to 5 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds - 1 1/2 teaspoon
- Mustard seeds - 1 teaspoon
- Finely chopped green chilies – 2 to 4
- Jeera – dhania powder - 3/4 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- Salt acc to taste
- Finely chopped cilantro - 1/4 cup
- Water - 3 1/2 cups
How To Make Wheat Rava with Veggies
- Take a microwave safe bowl. Mix carrots, peas, and green beans into the bowl. Add salt and little amount of water into the mixture. Place this bowl in the microwave and cook for about 3-4 minutes.
- Now take a skillet. Put wheat rava into the skillet and roast it for about 2 minutes. Remove the roasted wheat rava into another bowl and keep aside to let it cool.
- Heat some oil into skillet. Put mustard seeds and cumin seeds into the skillet. Fry them till they start crackle. Also add finely chopped green chilies for about few seconds.
- Also add water about 3 cups, salt, and turmeric powder. Boil them.
- Now add dhania-jeera powder, wheat rava, and salt as required and cooked veggies. Also add chopped coriander leaves.
- Cover the skillet with lid, cook over medium flame. Stir the mixture occasionally after 8-10 minutes. Make sure that all the water gets dried up and rava is cooked properly.
- Add more water if required, depending upon the rava.
- Wheat rava with veggies is ready to serve. Garnish it with the remaining coriander leaves.
- Serve it over plate along with lime wedge or lemon juice.
Other Similar Recipes
- Plain upma
- Rava upma