Vermicelli Upma is a healthy, simple, and nutritious breakfast recipe. It is light, rich in fiber, and has low calories. It is very easy to make this Vermicelli Upma. You can make it at home daily for breakfast.
|Time to Prepare||15 minutes|
|Cooking Time||15 minutes|
Ingredients For Vermicelli Upma
- Vermicelli - 2 cups
- Chana Dal - 1 teaspoon
- Urad Dal - 1 teaspoon
- Mustard seeds - 1/4 teaspoon
- Cashewnuts - 2 teaspoon
- Peanuts - 2 teaspoon
- Chopped Onions - 1
- Finely chopped Green chilies - 2
- Finely chopped Ginger - 1/2 inch
- Finely chopped Potatoes - 1
- Peas - 1/4 cup
- Finely chopped Carrots - 1
- Finely chopped Tomatoes - 1
- Water - 4 1/2 cups
- Oil - 3 tablespoon
- Ghee - 2 tablespoon
- Curry leaves - 3 sprig
- Salt acc to taste
How To Make Vermicelli Upma
- Take a frying pan. Heat oil into the pan. Add urad dal, curry leaves, chana dal, and mustard seeds into the oil. Fry them till they start popping.
- Now add cashewnuts and peanuts to the above mixture. Fry them also till their color changes to golden brown.
- Now add carrots and potatoes to the above mixture and cook them for about 4-5 minutes.
- Now add ginger, tomatoes, peas, chilies, and onions to the above mixture. Fry them also.
- When all of them are cooked add salt to the above mixture and about 4 ½ cup of water. Cover the pan and let them boil.
- As water gets boil, add vermicelli and mix properly to avoid lumps.
- Cover the pan with lid for about 5-6 minutes and after that add about 2 tablespoon of ghee to the upma and mix thoroughly.
- Serve vermicelli upma along with coconut chutney.
Other Similar Recipes
- Puli aval
- Rava idli