Vangi Bhath (Brinjal Rice) is one of the kinds of aromatic rice generally prepared with spice powders and finely chopped Brinjals. You can make it at home very easily.
|Time to Prepare||15 minutes|
|Cooking Time||15 minutes|
Ingredients For Vangi Bhath
- Brinjals - 3
- Basmati rice - 3 cups
- Thinly sliced green chilies - 3
- Finely chopped onion - 1 big sized
- Cumin seeds - 2 teaspoon
- Chana dal - 2 teaspoon
- Curry leaves – 1 spring
- Vangi bhath powder - 3-4 teaspoon
- Tamarind water - 3 teaspoon
- Oil - 2 tablespoon
- Ghee - 2 teaspoon
- salt acc to taste
- For garnishing – coriander leaves
Vangi Bhath Masala Powder
- Coconut powder - 3 tablespoon
- Chana dal - 2 tablespoon
- Urad dal - 2 tablespoon
- Coriander seeds - 2 tablespoon
- Sesame seeds - 2 tablespoon
- Cumin seeds
- Cloves - 2
- Cardamom - 1 green
- Shahjeera (caraway seeds) - 1/4 teaspoon
- Methi (fenugreek) seeds - 1/4 teaspoon
- Red chilies - 5
- Dalchini powder - 1 ml "
- Pinch of hing
How To Make Vangi Bhath
- Take a frying pan. Roast all the ingredients for Vangi Bhath in a pan and then make a powder of it. Let it aside.
- Clean out the same frying pan and then heat oil into it. When oil gets heated, add urad dal and mustard seeds. Fry them till they start popping.
- Now add curry leaves and then add finely chopped Brinjals.
- Fry the brinjals for some minutes and then put little water into it and salt for further cooking.
- As brinjals are cooked, put Masala powder and fry them quickly over low flame. Masala should not be burn.
- Now add boiled rice and stir properly. Cook for about 2 more minutes.
- Vangi Bhath is ready to serve.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves. Serve it along with raita or pappad.
Other Similar Recipes
- Vegetable Rice
- Lemon rice