Squash Vada is a unique recipe made from split black gram. It is crunchy and fried dish best for breakfast as well as for picnics. Squash and lentils make this squash Vada more healthy and nutritious.
|Time to Prepare||15 minutes|
|Cooking Time||15 minutes|
Ingredients For Squash Vada
- Urad dal (split black gram)- 1 1/2 cups
- Grated yellow squash along with peel - 2 medium sized
- Finely chopped green chilies – 5 to 6
- Finely chopped coriander leaves – 3 to 4 tsp
- For deep frying - Oil
- Salt acc to taste
How To Make Squash Vada
- First soak Urad dal into water for about 2 hours. Now drain out all the water and blend the urad dal into a thick batter. Make sure that the batter is not watery.
- Now add coriander leaves, chopped chilies, and grated squash to the batter.
- Take a shallow frying pan. Put oil into the pan and heat it up. Keep a bowl of water and plastic bag handy.
- As oil gets heated up, put salt into the batter. Apply oil to the plastic bag. Put small portion of the batter on the bag, press it a little bit, and make a hole in the center of the batter. Now put it into the oil.
- Reduce the flame from medium to low. Fry the vadas till their color changes to golden brown. Repeat the same process with the remaining batter.
- Squash Vada are ready to serve. Serve them along with ketchup or tamarind dip.
Other Similar Recipes
- Masala Vada
- Spinach Vada