Spinach Vada is a very tasty and nutritious dish. Good for breakfast. It is prepared with spinach and black urad dal. It is easy to make at home.
|Time to Prepare||15 minutes|
|Cooking Time||15 minutes|
Ingredients For Spinach Vada
- Soak 1 cup of black gram (urad dal) about 40 minutes
- Finely chopped spinach - 1 cup
- Finely chopped medium sized onion - 1
- Finely chopped green chilies – 7 to 8
- Salt acc to taste
- For deep frying - Vegetable oil
How To Make Spinach Vada
- Drain out the water from the dal. Using grinder blend the dal into a thick paste. Make a thick batter from the dal. This batter should not be watery.
- Now pour onions, salt, chopped spinach, and green chilies into the batter. Stir them properly.
- Heat the oil into a shallow frying pan.
- Now keep the water ready. Apply water onto your palm and also to your finger tips. Make a small ball from the batter and then put it onto your palm. Press it a little bit and make a small hole in the center of the ball. Now put it into the frying pan.
- Repeat the same process with the remaining batter. Fry the vadas till their color changes to golden brown over a medium flame.
- Serve hot these spinach vadas along with green chutney or dipped in tamarind.
Other Similar Recipes
- Masala Vada
- Squash Vada