Rice Rava Porridge
Rice Rava Porridge is a very healthy and light breakfast. This recipe is made with cream of rice and cucumber pieces. These cucumber pieces bring a nice crunch to the porridge. You can made it at home very easily.
|Time to Prepare||15 minutes|
|Cooking Time||15 minutes|
Ingredients For Rice Rava Porridge
- Cream of rice ( rava rice) - 3/4 cup
- Peeled and small pieces of cucumber - 1/4 cup
- Finely chopped coriander leaves - 2 tablespoon
- Salt acc to taste
- Vegetable oil - 2 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds - 1 teaspoon
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
- Finely chopped green chili - 1
- Finely chopped - 1 teaspoon
How To Make Rice Rava Porridge
- Take a deep frying pan. Heat oil into the pan. Add mustard and cumin seeds and fry them until they start crackle. Now add ginger and green chilies and fry them for about 1-2 minutes.
- Now add small pieces of cucumber to the pan and fry them for about 1-2 minutes.
- Now again add water about 2 1/4 cups along with cilantro and salt. Let them boil.
- Now pour rice rava slowly. Stir them properly to avoid lumps.
- Sauté on low flame, mixing properly, till rice rava porridge thickens. For more consistency you can add more water to it. Remove it from flame.
- Rice rava porridge is ready to serve. Garnish it with cilantro. Serve them.
Other Similar Recipes
- Plain upma