Ragi Porridge is a very nutritious and perfect dish for breakfast. It is full of protein and iron. You can start your day with this healthy dish. You can prepare Ragi Porridge in minutes.
|Time to Prepare||15 minutes|
|Cooking Time||15 minutes|
Ingredients For Ragi Porridge
- Ragi flour- 1 cup
- Water - 5 cups
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds - 3/4 teaspoon
- Halved and deseeded green chili - 1
- Red chili powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- Grated carrot - 2 tablespoon
- Finely chopped cilantro - 2 tablespoon
- Lime juice or lemon - 1 teaspoon
- Salt acc to taste
- Vegetable oil - 2 teaspoon
How To Make Ragi Porridge
- Take microwave safe bowl, put grated carrot into it, spray little amount of water over it. Now place the bowl into the microwave for about 30-40 minutes. Take it out and keep aside to cool.
- Now heat oil into a deep frying pan. Put cumin and mustard seeds into it. Fry them until they start crackle.
- Now put green chilies into the mixture and cook for some time. Again add chili powder, turmeric powder, 1 tablespoon of cilantro leaves, and salt. Also add water about 5 cups and let it boil.
- Till then make a thick paste by adding water to the Ragi flour.
- When the above mixture gets boil, reduce the flame to low, put Ragi paste into the mixture slowly. Mix it properly so that lumps do not form. Cook till the raw flavor excretes.
- If you required then you can add more water for more consistency to the Ragi porridge.
- Ragi Porridge is ready to serve. Garnish it with lime juice or lemon, and cilantro and steamed carrot.
Other Similar Recipes
- Rice rava porridge
- Ragi Roti