Pooris are crisp and pale golden in color. You can serve this golden bread along with aloo ki sabzi or any kind of pickle. These pooris are almost puffed like a sphere.
|Time to Prepare||10 minutes|
|Time to Cook||10 minutes|
Ingredients For Poori
- Whole wheat flour - 2 cups
- Salt acc to taste
- Oil for frying puri
How To Make Poori
- Take a bowl. Put wheat flour into the bowl and add salt to it.
- Make smooth dough from the wheat flour.
- Remember do not use lots of water to make dough as we need medium soft dough. You can also add milk or yogurt to make soft poori.
- Once you completed with the dough, apply about 2 tablespoon of oil or ghee to dough and again knead it.
- Cover the dough with wet damp cloth and let it aside for about 10 minutes.
- Make small crack free balls from the dough by rolling them between your palms.
- Now slowly roll each of the balls into 5” circle. For more convenience roll about 10 balls at a time.
- Take a deep fry pan, put oil into the pan and heat it up. Now slowly put one puri into the oil. Fry it by pressing on one side of the puri. This will help in puffing up of the puri. Fry till the color changes to golden brown. Now turn the puri and fry it from the other side as above.
- Drain out the puri on tissue paper.
- Serve hot along with aloo ki sabzi or any kind of pickle.
Other Similar Recipes
- Methi Poori
- Aloo Poori