Poha Moong Vada
Poha-Moong Vada is a very tasty and wonderful evening snack. It is very nutritious as it contains moong dal along with spinach. It is rich in protein and iron. Also it contains vitamins.
|Time to Prepare||15 minutes|
|Cooking Time||15 minutes|
Ingredients For Poha Moong Vada
- Rice flakes (Poha) - 2 cups
- Moong dal (yellow colored)- 1/2 cup
- Finely chopped spinach leaves - 1 cup
- Finely chopped green chilies - 3-4
- Red chili powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Lime juice - 1 teaspoon
- Sugar - 1/2 teaspoon (optional)
- Finely chopped coriander leaves – 4to5 tablespoon
- Salt acc to taste
- For deep frying - Vegetable oil
How To Make Poha Moong Vada
- Blend the soaked moong dal into blender without adding water. Make a soft paste from it. Remove it into a bowl.
- Now add spinach, green chilies, salt, soaked poha, cilantro, and sugar. Mix them thoroughly.
- Make small balls from the mixture.
- Now heat oil into a deep frying pan. Put these small balls into the oil and fry them until their color changes to golden brown and they become crisp.
- Now drain all the fried Vada over a tissue paper so that extra oil would extract out from the Vada. Leave them for some time for their crunchiness.
- Serve them along with mint chutney or ketchup.
Other Similar Recipes
- Masala vada
- Medu vada