Plantain Bhajia is really very delicious and mouth watering dish. It can be prepared into minutes. It is very popular snack for starters. It is generally prepared with potatoes and served with hot tea or ketchup.
|Time to Prepare||15 minutes|
|Cooking Time||15 minutes|
Ingredients For Plantain Bhajia
- Peeled and thinly sliced raw banana (plantains) - 2 medium
- Bengal gram flour (Besan) - 1 cup
- Rice flour - 1/4 cup
- Pinch of soda
- Pinch of turmeric powder
- Red chili powder - 3/4 teaspoon
- Crushed carom seeds - 1 teaspoon
- Salt acc to taste
- For deep frying - Vegetable oil
How To Make Plantain Bhajia
- Take a bowl. Add rice flour, soda, turmeric powder, besan, salt, and chili. Mix them properly. Add water gradually into the mixture to make a thick batter.
- Now take a frying pan. Pour oil into the pan. Heat it up. For checking that the oil is hot or not, pour a drop of thick batter into the oil.
- Now put the thinly sliced banana pieces into the batter, coat them well, and then put them into hot oil. Fry them properly till their color changes to golden brown.
- Plantain Bhajia are ready to serve. Serve them hot along with mint chutney, or ketchup, or with tea.
Other Similar Recipes
- Bread pakoda
- Soft onion pakoda