Plain Upma is famous and yummy recipe which is a good eating option if you don’t have time to cut vegetables or onions. The recipe can be prepared easily and quickly and adding cashews to the recipe makes it even crunchier. Prepare this yummy recipe by following this simple method
|Time to Prepare||15 minutes|
|Cooking Time||15 minutes|
Ingredients For Plain Upma
- Amount of rava- 2 cups
- No of properly chopped green chillies-5 to 6
- Slightly chopped ginger pieces
- No of cashew nuts pieces- 4 to 6
- No of curry leaves-7 to 8
- Amt of water-4 cups
- 7 to 8 teaspoon vegetable oil
- One and half teaspoon chana dal or urad dal
- Half teaspoon mustard
How To Make Plain Upma
- Roast some rava in a kadhai for sometime. Doing the roasting stops the rava from sticking with the kadhai.
- Take a pan and heat some oil in it and add some mustard seeds in the oil. When seeds starts splitting add curry leaves, ginger and green chilies in the pan.
- Add some cashews and fry it till it becomes brown in color.
- Add some water to the mixture and cover it properly.
- At the point when water starts boiling add some rava to the mixture and stir it and avoid the formation of lumps.
- Again cover it and start cooking it on a low heat for about 2to3 minutes.
- The recipe prepared can be served hot with green chutney or pickle.
Some Useful Tips
- Ghee adds a nice flavor to the recipe so don’t use oil in place of ghee.
- Grinded coconut can be added to the recipe to change the recipe mixture.
Other Similar Recipes
- Rice rava upma
- Rava upma