It is a common Indian recipe which can be prepared easily and quickly and tastes good with all kind of curries. They are yummy and crispy in taste and tastes good even with curd or pickle. Follow this simple method to prepare this recipe.
|Time to Prepare||10 minutes|
|Cooking Time||40 minutes|
|No of Serves||10-12|
Ingredients For Plain Paratha
- Amount of whole wheat flour-2 1/4 cups
- Two tablespoon ghee
- Half teaspoon salt
How To Make Plain Paratha
- Mesh some flour with salt.
- Now apply some ghee to the flour. Add some water in it and make it a soft dough mixture. Divide the prepared dough in 12 equal portions.
- Now with the help of rolling pin roll these balls in round shape and lubricate with melted ghee.
- Fold the round shape dough to half. Lubricate it again with melted ghee and fold it again.
- Now roll out the lubricated parantha and start cooking it on a hot griddle.
- Add some ghee on the edges of parantha after 1minute.
- Flip the paratha during cooking and fry the other side. When brown spots appear on both side then parantha is prepared.
- Follow the same process for the remaining dough and recipe prepared should be served hot.
Some Useful Tips
For beginners roll the balls first and then heat the griddle and then start cooking paranthas.
Other Similar Recipes
- Paneer Paratha
- Aloo Paratha
- Gobi Paratha