Phulka or pulka is a very common Indian flat bread roti. It doesn’t contain any fat or oil and it is counted low calorie version of Chapati. Prepare this recipe just by following this simple method.
|Time to Prepare||10 minutes|
|Time to Cook||10 minutes|
|Number of Serves||4|
Ingredients For Phulka
- One cup of whole wheat flour
- Add one fourth tsp of Salt
- Water - to make dough
- Dry whole wheat flour
How To Make Pulka
- First add some salt to whole wheat flour.
- Add some water to wheat flour and prepare a dough. The dough prepared should not be very hard or soft, just in the right form to roll it easily.
- Blend it well and keep it aside for sometime.
- Now cut the dough in small balls.
- Take griddle and heat it and place it on a medium heat.
- Now dip one dough ball in dry wheat flour. Put some flour on the board. Now place the dipped on board and with the help of a rolling pin roll that dough in a round shape. Add some dry flour if required and remove the excess flour once you are done with rolling process.
- Now put this round shape on hot griddle. Now wait for the time till brown spots starts appearing in it. Cook it for about 10secs.
- Take off the phulka from griddle and now put it directly on flame.
- As soon as you put in on direct flame it will start puffing up like ball.
- Take It off from heat and continue the same method to prepare rest of the phulkas.
Other Similar Recipes
- Methi roti
- Aloo Roti