Lemony Cornmeal Bell Pepper
Lemony cornmeal bell- pepper is a very healthy alternative to your usual snacks. It can even be had as breakfast. Follow the directions given below to prepare this recipe at home.
|Time to Prepare||15 minutes|
|Cooking Time||15 minutes|
Ingredients For Lemony Cornmeal Bell Pepper
- yellow cornmeal- 1 cup
- diced bell-pepper- 1 cup
- freshly grated coconut- 2 tbsp,
- lemon juice- 1 tsp
- sesame seeds- 1 tsp
- Salt as required
- vegetable oil- 4 to 5 tsp
- mustard- 1 tsp
- a pinch of Asafoetida
- curry leaves 5-6
- turmeric powder- 1/4 tsp
- coriander-cumin powder- 1 tsp
- red chili powder- as per taste
How To Make Lemony Cornmeal Bell Pepper
- Roast cornmeal in a pan for 2 minutes and let it cool. In the same pan roast sesame seeds and set them aside to cool. When the seeds have cooled down crush them.
- Take a saucepan and heat oil in it. Put n the mustard seeds and wait till they start to pop. Now add in curry leaves and Asafoetida powder.
- Put in coriander- cumin powder, turmeric powder and red chili powder
- Add in the salt and bell pepper and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Pour in ½ cup water. Add salt as per taste, put on the lid and cook till pepper is done but hasn’t lost crunchiness yet.
- Now add in cornmeal, coconut, lime juice and crushed sesame seeds. Cook at low heat with lid on. Cook till the cornmeal is completely done.
- Take off the heat and serve hot.
Some Useful Tips
When cooking cornmeal the user must be conscious of the amount of water used. Add only enough water for cornmeal to cook and that the grains stay separate.
Other Similar Recipes
- Lemon noodles
- Eggless cilantro cornbread