Idli is a very delicious and extremely filling recipe and goes very well with sambar or various kinds of condiments. The preparation time takes some time as the batter is required to be left for some time for fermentation.
|Time to Prepare||15 minutes|
|Cooking Time||15 minutes|
Ingredients For Idli
- Rice- 2 cups
- White Urad Daal- 1 cup
- Salt- 1 ½ tbsp
- Baking Soda- ¼ tsp
- Oil as needed
How To Make Idli
- Soak the urad dal overnight.
- Wash and clean rice. Grind it coarsely.
- Now blend the dal into smooth fine paste.
- Mix both the pastes together. Add salt
- Now set this batter aside for 7-8 hours for it to be fermented.
- Take idli maker and grease the surface where idli batter is to be dropped.
- Fill up the indentations for idlis and steam them for 7-8 minutes or till done.
- Take out the idlis with a butter- knife.
- Serve along with a chutey or samar.
Some Useful Tips
- Use the water in which you had soaked rice and dal at the time of making paste instead of fresh water.
- Use as little water as possible to get right consistency of the batter.
Other Similar Recipes