Cilantro Coconut Vada
Cilantro-Coconut Vada is tasty and crispy South Indian recipe. The recipe is prepared with urad dal, coriander leaves, coconut and is very good recipe for breakfast or snack. This recipe can be easily prepared at home. To prepare this recipe all you need to do is follow this simple method.
|Time to Prepare||15 minutes|
|Cooking Time||15 minutes|
Ingredients For Cilantro Coconut Vada
- Urad dal-1 ¼ cups
- Half cup properly chopped coriander leaves
- One fourth cup of grinded coconut
- One and half teaspoon of grinded ginger
- No of properly chopped green chillies-3 to 4
- Use vegetable Oil for frying
- Add Salt according to taste
How To Make Cilantro Coconut Vada
- First take some urad dal and soak it for about 3 hours.
- Remove all the water from the urad dal solution and with the help of a grinder, grind the mixture to form a smooth paste type mixture.
- Now add some coriander leaves, ginger and coconut to the mixture and mix it properly. Add some salt to mixture just before you start frying vadas.
- Take a frying pan and heat some oil in it.
- Now keep some water in bowl by your side. Rub some oil on a plastic sheet and put the ball size vada batter on the sheet. Flat the batter and make a hole in the batter with your finger.
- Put the vada in the frying pan.
- Do this for rest of the vadas and fry them on a medium heat till they become golden brown in color.
- This tasty recipe tastes good when eaten with sambar or coconut chutney.
Some Useful Tips
- Adding salt to the dough makes the dough watery as a result of which it becomes difficult to prepare balls for vadas. So it’s preferable that you add salt to half the batter first and then add salt to remaining batter.
- For grating grains and lentils, use a high powdered grinder which can grind these in a smooth powdered form.
Other Similar Recipes
- Medu vada
- Masala vada