South Indian Lemon Pickle
South Indian lemon pickle is one very tangy and spicy recipe and is well liked all over India. Learn how to make lemon pickle in authentic south Indian style by following the recipe provided below.
|Preparation Time||10 minutes|
|Cooking Time||40 minutes|
|Number of Serves||4|
Ingredients For South Indian Lemon Pickle
- 20 Lemon
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- ¾ cup Red chili powder
- 5 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 1 cup Oil
- 3 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tsp Asafetida
How To Make South Indian Lemon Pickle
- Make 8 identical pieces of the lemons and transfer them to a pickle jar.
- Add salt to all the lemons and make sure that they all have been rubbed with salt nicely.
- Now combine turmeric powder, fenugreek powder, red chili powder, mustard seeds and asafetida with the oil. Now pour this over the lemons.
- Now place the jar in sun and keep shaking it every once in a while till it is tender.
Some Useful Tips
- Make sure you have used right amount of salt as less salt would result in lemons growing fungus.
Other Similar Recipes
- Assorted Pickles
- Aam aur Chane ka Achaar
- Aam ka Achaar ( Punjabi Recipe )