Pumpkin pickle is good side dish for a lot of Indian meat preparations and is very easily and quickly prepared. Just follow the recipe provided below for preparing this recipe in a hassle free manner at home.
|Preparation Time||10 minutes|
|Cooking Time||40 minutes|
|Number of Serves||4|
Ingredients For Pumpkin Pickle
- Pumpkin ½ kg
- Mustard powder, coarsely ground- 4 tsp
- Turmeric- 1 tsp
- Coarsely ground fenugreek seeds- 2 tsp
- Red chili pepper-2 tsp
- Mustard Oil- 1 cup
- Salt to taste
How To Make Pumpkin Pickle
- Slice the pumpkin into long and thin slice with the skin.
- Place in hot water for 10 minutes.
- Now drain it of all water and let it cool.
- Mix all the ingredients with oil and toss the pumpkin pieces with the mixture thus prepared.
- Place it in a jar and put it under sun for 3 days while shaking it up time to time.
Other Similar Recipes
- Fish Pickle
- Lemon Pickle
- Mango Pickle