Prawns are a one of the most sought after seafood items. Prawns do not have a high shelf life so they either need to be eaten right away or made into pickles. In pickled form they can be kept for up to 10 months even. Find the prawn pickle recipe mentioned below.
|Preparation Time||10 minutes|
|Cooking Time||20 minutes|
|Number of Serves||1 jar|
Ingredients For Prawn Pickle
- King prawns- 1 kg
- White vinegar- 750 ml
- Turmeric powder- 1 tsp
- Dry red chilies- 2 dozen
- Cumin seeds- 4 tsp
- Ginger- 1 inch piece
- Garlic cloves- 15-20
- Oil- 7 tbsp
- Salt to taste
How To Make Prawn Pickle
- Wash and clean the prawns before removing their shells and deveining them. Dry them on a paper towel.
- Marinate the prawns with salt and turmeric powder. Set it aside for an hour.
- Make thick smooth paste of ginger, red chilies, cumin seeds and garlic by adding vinegar as needed.
- Take a pan and heat 4 tbsp oil in it. Fry the prawns in it till they are golden brown in color. Soak up the excess oil on paper towels.
- Now fry the spice paste made earlier in 3 tbsp oil. Add remaining vinegar if any and cook on medium heat for fifteen min. Remove it off the heat and let it cool down fully.
- Now place the prawns in a pickle jar and pour over all the spicy mix prepared.
- Mix prawns and spies well and preserve for a few days before serving.
- Serve it with plain boiled rice.
Other Similar Recipes
- Beef Pickle
- Fish pickle