Papaya pickle is a very delicate pickle which adds a tangy flavor to your food. It can be used as a filling for sandwiches and can also be eaten with chapattis. Recipe for the papaya pickle is provided below.
|Preparation Time||10 minutes|
|Cooking Time||30-40 minutes|
|Number of Serves||4|
Ingredients For Papaya Pickle
- Carom seeds
- Onion seeds
How To Make Papaya Pickle
- Wash and clean papaya before peeling off its skin.
- Remove all the seeds.
- Cut it into small pieces of 1 inch length.
- Boil water in a cooking pot and put the pieces of papaya into it. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Take it out and put it on a paper towel.
- Leave it to dry under sun for a whole day
- Now roughly grind red chilies, ajwain seeds, mustard seeds, and onion seeds with salt.
- Now sprinkle this spice mixture on papaya pieces.
- Now drench it completely in mustard oil.
- Now transfer it to airtight jar and keep it under sun for 3-4 days..
- Use it as soon as possible as it will last only up to a week.
Some Useful Tips
Make this pickle in small quantities
Other Similar Recipes
- Gooseberry pickle
- Garlic pickle
- Gajar gobi shalgam achaar
- Kharbuja papita ka salad