Lotus Stem Pickle
Known commonly by the name of kamal kakdi or bhein this food item is common used ingredient in Punjabi and Kashmiri dishes. Lotus stem pickle is famous and delicious pickle recipe which can be prepared by following this simple method.
|Preparation Time||10 minutes|
|Cooking Time||20 minutes|
|Number of Serves||4|
Ingredients For Lotus Stem Pickle
- Lotus stems-150 grams
- One teaspoon nigella seeds
- One tablespoon chilli powder
- One tablespoon grinded fennel seeds
- One teaspoon grinded coriander seeds
- One fourth teaspoon of turmeric powder
- Kashmiri red chillies-six
- No of Black Peppercorns-8-10
- Amount of Mustard oil-3/4 cup
- Salt-2 tablespoon
How To Make Lotus Stem Pickle
- Start the process by properly washing and cleaning the Lotus Stem.
- Now dry it with the help of a kitchen towel and then leave it aside for some time.
- Now mix fennel seeds, coriander seeds, turmeric powder, nigella seeds, chilli powder, peppercorns, red chillies, oil and salt altogether and mix all these ingredients properly.
- Now add lotus stem roundels to this mixture and for mixing toss this mixture.
- Place this mixture in a glass container.
- With the help of a spoon slightly press all the ingredients and do this till the lotus stem is completely dissolved in oil.
- Place the container in sunlight for 1 week.
- Now the pickle recipe prepared can be stored and used for more than 1 year.
Other Similar Recipes
- Fresh Ginger Turmeric Pickle
- Assorted Pickles
- Crunchy Vegetable Pickle
- Garlic Pickle
- Fresh Green Garlic Pickle