Gujarati Lemon Pickle
It is a popular and traditional Gujarati recipe which is spicy in taste and is also a good remedy for people suffering from digestion problems. Follow this simple method to learn the preparation of this tasty Gujarati Pickle recipe.
|Preparation Time||10 minutes|
|Cooking Time||20 minutes|
|Number of Serves||3 cups|
Ingredients For Gujarati Lemon Pickle
- 1 kilogram Lemons
- 500 grams Sugar
- One tsp asafoetida
- Four tsp Red chili pepper
- Two tsp Turmeric
- 3/4th cup of Salt
How To Make Gujarati Lemon Pickle
- Firstly divide the lemons from the middle in 2 pieces.
- Now put turmeric powder and salt in the lemon pieces and keep it in airtight container for a month.
- The lemons will secrete some water.
- Now remove the liquid from lemons and divide the lemon in 4 equal pieces.
- Now add red chilli pepper, asafoetida powder and sugar in the water and pour this mixture on lemons
- Now put this mixture in an airtight container and seal it properly.
- The pickle recipe prepared can be used for almost two years.
Other Similar Recipes
- Sweet Peach Pickle
- Sweet and Sour Mango Pickle
- Sweet and Sour Tomato Pickle