Basically in pickle recipes garlic acts as a flavoring agent but in this pickle recipe it acts as a main ingredient. This pickle recipe is somewhat sweet in taste because of the presence of Jaggery. Follow this simple method to prepare the garlic pickle recipe.
|Preparation Time||10 minutes|
|Cooking Time||10 minutes|
|Number of Serves||1 jar|
Ingredients For Garlic Pickle
- Pieces of Garlic-1/3rd cup
- One fourth teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tbsp chilli powder
- One teaspoon jaggery
- Three tablespoon mustard oil
- Half teaspoon salt
To Be Ground Together For The Masala
- Split mustard seeds -2 teaspoon
- One fourth teaspoon of split fenugreek seeds
- One fourth teaspoon of cumin seeds
- One fourth teaspoon of split coriander seeds
- One fourth teaspoon of hing or asafoetida
How To Make Garlic Pickle
- Take a frying pan and heat some oil in it and then add turmeric powder and garlic pieces in oil and fry it on low flame until the time pieces gets tendered
- Proper stir the mixture during this frying process.
- Now add lemon juice in mixture and cook it for 2mins.
- Now add jiggery, chilli powder and salt in the mixture and boil it again for about 2mins or do this till the time the jaggery gets completely dissolved in liquid.
- Add masala to the prepared garlic mixture and mix it properly.
- Now take it off from heat and leave it for sometime for cooling and then place in sterilized glass container.
Other Similar Recipes
- Crunchy Vegetable Pickle
- Aam aur Chane ka Achaar
- Assorted Pickles
- Drumstick Pickle
- Cucumber and Carrot Pickle