Andhra Tomato Pickle
It is a very famous and traditional Andhra Pradesh pickle recipe which is quite spicy in taste. This pickle recipe is so yummy that you can eat it just with plain boiled rice. For preserving the pickle place it in fridge.
|Preparation Time||10 minutes|
|Cooking Time||40 minutes|
|Number of Serves||4|
Ingredients For Andhra Tomato Pickle
- Properly washed Tomatoes -1 kg
- Six tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 small pieces of tamarind without seeds
- Add green chillies according to taste
- 2 teaspoon of fenugreek seeds
- 2 teaspoon of cumin seeds
- 2 teaspoon of mustard seeds
- Half teaspoon of asafetida
- Add Salt according to taste
How To Make Andhra Tomato Pickle
- Take a frying pan and heat 3 tablespoon sesame oil in it and then add some tomatoes in the pan and sauté it till it gets tendered and then slightly mash it.
- Now prepare a paste type mixture by crushing green chillies and tamarind in a bowl and then add this mixture to the mashed tomatoes.
- Take another pan and heat 3 tablespoon sesame oil in it and then add some mustard seeds in it. Now wait till the time they start splitting and then add fenugreek seeds in the mixture and sauté it.
- Now add asafetida in the mixture and remove it from flame.
- Put this mixture over the tamarind-tomato-green chilli paste and mix it properly.
- Now check if its properly marinated or not and then leave it for cooling
- Place it in a glass jar in the fridge.
- Finally the pickle prepared can be served well with chapati or rice.
Other Similar Recipes
- Aaloo Ka Bharta
- Sesame Dill Broiled Salmon Recipe