Amla achar is a tasty and spice pickle recipe which can be served well with theplas, paranthas or rice. After the preparation of the pickle it can be used for about a year or more.
|Preparation Time||25 minutes|
|Cooking Time||30 minutes|
|Number of Serves||1 bottle|
Ingredients For Amla Achar
- Amlas-500 grams
- Tamarind or imli-100 grams
- Haldi/Turmeric powder-25 grams
- Chilli powder-200 grams
- Fenugreek seeds-100 grams
- Add salt according to taste
- Amount of sesame oil-250ml
- Mustard seeds-20 grams
- Fenugreek seeds-10 grams
How To Make Amla Achar
- Firstly divide the amlas in small pieces and leave it aside for some time.
- Now drench the tamarind in 50 ml water and then remove seeds from it.
- Now combine chilli powder, fenugreek powder, tamarind, turmeric powder and salt altogether in a bowl and grind them to form a paste type mixture and then leave it aside for some time.
- Take a wok and heat half of the oil in it and then sauté the amla pieces.
- Now cover it properly and heat it on a low heat till it gets tendered.
- Now add tamarind paste and remaining oil in the wok fry it for about 5mins.
- Now heat 1 teaspoon of oil in the pan and then add the fenugreek and mustard seeds in it and do this till the seeds starts cracking and then place it over the amlas.
- Finally leave it for cooling and then store it in an air-tight jar.
Some Useful Tips
- Use the same water which was used for soaking tamarind for the preparation of tamarind paste.
- As this is the peak season for Amla so prepare the pickle in large quantity and you can store it for one year or more.
Other Similar Recipes
- Capsicum Paneer Masala
- Methi Alu