Aam Ka Achar
It is a traditional Punjabi recipe which is quite famous in Punjab region. Mixture of nigella and fennel seeds with the mustard oil makes Aam ka Achar different from famous Gujarat recipe called methia keri. Because of the dried mangoes the pickle become somewhat salty and tasty and due to these sun dried mangoes the pickle lasts longer.
|Preparation Time||10 minutes|
|Cooking Time||40 minutes|
|Number of Serves||4|
Ingredients For Aam Ka Achar
- No of raw mangoes divided in 1 inch piece-3 cups
- One teaspoon of haldi or turmeric powder
- One fourth cup of properly grinded saunf or fennel seeds
- One tablespoon of fenugreek seeds
- Two tablespoon of split mustard seeds
- ½ teaspoon of kalonji or nigella seeds
- One fourth teaspoon of hing or safoetida
- 2 tablespoon of chilli powder
- Half cup of mustard oil
- Add 4 tablespoon salt
How To Make Aam Ka Achar
- Firstly mix turmeric powder, mangoes and two tbsp salt in a bowl and toss and mix it properly.
- Now put the mixed mangoes on a sieve and cover it properly with a cotton cloth and keep it in sunlight for about 6 hrs.
- Now mix the rest of the ingredients in the bowl and then add dried mangoes it and toss it and mix it properly.
- Now take a jar and put this prepared pickle in it.
- Finally keep the jar in sunlight for about 4-5 days and your pickle is prepared.
Aam Ka Achar
Other Similar Recipes
- Gajar Gobhi aur Aam ka Achaar
- Aam aur Chane ka Achaar
- Tendli ka Achaar
- Lotus Stem Pickle