In earlier times people use to mix mango pickles masala with the boiled potatoes for preparing Aachari Aloo. But nowadays you can prepare it just with the help of pickling spices. This recipe can be prepared with any kind of potato
|Preparation Time||10-15 minutes|
|Cooking Time||10-15 minutes|
|Number of Serves||4|
Ingredients For Aachari Aloo
- Small boiled and peeled potatoes- 500 gms
- ¼ tsp of Fenugreek seeds
- Half tsp of Mustard seeds
- ½ tsp of Fennel seeds
- No of dried red chilies-four
- Two tbsp Mustard oil
- One tsp Cumin seeds
- ½ tsp of Onion seeds
- One fourth tsp of Turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp Garlic paste
- One and half tsp Ginger paste
- Add Salt as per your taste
- 1/4th tsp of Black salt (kala namak)
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 3 tsp Vinegar
How To Make Aachari Aloo
- Firstly to prepare Aachari Aloo crush red chillies, fennel seeds, mustard seeds and fenugreek seeds all at the same time to form a powder form.
- Take a frying pan and heat some mustard oil in it and heat it till the smoke starts coming from the pan.
- Now add onion and cumin seeds in the pan and fry it for about 30secs.
- Also add potatoes and turmeric powder to the pan and stir it well.
- Now add ginger and garlic paste mixture in the pan and add about one fourth cup of water in it and mix it well.
- Now add salt, sugar, black salt and ground spices to the mixture and mix it properly.
- Finally add some vinegar in the mixture and add about 1/4th cup of water in it and heat this mixture till it gets completely dry.
- Aachari Aloo is now prepared and can be served hot.
Other Similar Recipes
- Capsicum Paneer Masala
- Methi Alu