As the name suggest it is a simple salad with leaves of chickpea plant. Chickpea is a very old plant from the Fabaceae plant family. The salad is prepared with “chole” which is the main ingredient of the dish with some juicy tomatoes and boiled potatoes.
|Preparation Time||20 mins|
|Cooking Time||25 mins|
Ingredients for Chickpea Salad
- 225 g - Chick Peas
- Garlic – 1 small piece
- Soya Sauce – 1 tablespoon
- Black Olives – 10 no.
- Chopped Parsley Leaves - 1 tablespoon
- Lemon Juice – 1 tablespoon
- Salad Leaves (Lettuce) – 8 no.
- Salt and Pepper (as per taste)
How to make Chickpea Salad
- The chick peas should be prepared in water one night before the actual dish is prepared.
- The next day one can use the chickpeas after draining all the water properly.
- The difficulty is that we have to again pour fresh water over chick peas keep them covered properly for 45 minutes more and then drained again.
- Make garlic paste with hand by mashing or using mixer grinder. Don't forget to add salt to the paste.
- Dispense the mixture over drained chickpeas along with chopped olives and parsley leaves and keep on mixing.
- Chickpea Salad is ready to serve.
Other Similar Recipes
- Chicken Chap
- Chicken Milagu Kuzhambu
- Chicken Roti
- Varutha Kozhi Kuzhambu
- Chicken Parmesan
- Kozhi Ada