Chicken Souvlaki With Tzatziki Sauce
Souvlaki is a famous Greek cuisine dish made with chunks of meat that may be beef meat, chicken meat or fish. This dish is made with Chicken and hence is called Chicken Souvlaki. The main features of this recipe are the vegetables that are grilled before putting in to the dish. Complete details of Chicken Souvlaki recipe preparation is provided here.
|Time to prepare||20 minutes|
|Time to cook||30 minutes|
Ingredients For Chicken Souvlaki with Tzatziki Sauce
- Boneless Chicken – 1/2 Kg
- Lemon Juice – 3-4 tablespoon
- Lemon Zest 1 tablespoon
- Chopped Oregano – 2 teaspoon
- 2 Garlic Cloves , Minced
- Olive Oil – 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Pepper To Taste
- 1 Grated Cucumber
- Yoghurt or Curd – 2 Cups
- Minced Garlic Cloves – 4 no.
- Crushed Dill Herb – 2 tbsp
How to make Chicken Souvlaki with Tzatziki Sauce
- Preparing Chicken
- Cover the chicken with a zipped plastic bag.
- Take a bowl and mix 2 tablespoon lemon juice, 2 tablespoon lemon zest and 2 tablespoon chopped oregano and some olive oil with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the mixture on the covered chicken zip the bag and shake to cover it entirely.
- Keep the chicken still covered in bag into the fridge for about half and hour to 2 hours.
- Preparing Tzatziki Sauce
- Grate the cucumber and sprinkle salt over it and keep for 30 minutes till the excess water drains out..
- Mix the drained cucumber with yoghurt or curd and add 1 tablespoon lemon juice, grated garlic, crushed dill herb with salt and pepper as per taste.
- Keep the mixture for about 15 minutes.
- Back to Chicken
- On a medium stove heat olive oil in a frying pan.
- Now put boneless chicken in the pan over the grilled surface and grill it for 5 minutes approx till it becomes red.
- Take out the chicken put it on a flat surface and cut it into peaces as per preferred shape and size.
- Serve well with Tzatziki sauce and lemon juice.
Chicken Souvlaki with Tzatziki Sauce
Other Similar Recipes
- Chicken Chap
- Chicken Milagu Kuzhambu
- Chicken Roti
- Varutha Kozhi Kuzhambu
- Chicken Parmigiana
- Kozhi Ada