Barley Idlis is a delicious and yummy low fat recipe. And it is prepared with the combination of rice and urad dal. The main ingredients include fenugreek seeds, barley, and salt and chopped mixed vegetables. This Barley Idlis helps to provide you proteins and calcium which help to keep your health in control. And this Barley Idlis is best to serve with Sāmbhar and coconut chutney. Learn how to prepare and make Barley Idlis by following this easy recipe.
|Time to prepare||15 minutes|
|Time to cook||45 minutes|
Ingredients For Barley Idlis
- Parboiled Rice- half cup
- Urad Dal- ¼ cup
- Fenugreek Seeds- 7
- Barley- ¼ cup
- Salt to Taste
- Mixed Vegetables – ¼ cup
How to make Barley Idlis
- First you should clean and dry rice, fenugreek seeds and urad dal in water for 3 hrs.
- You should same clean and dry barley in water for 3 hrs.
- Heat it and keep 1 tbsp of barley aside.
- Heat the rice, fenugreek seeds, and urad dal and grind all the remaining part in a mixer.
- Cover with plate and keep cooling for 3 hrs.
- Add flex seed mixture and salt.
- Add water in idli moulds and put batter into them.
- Spray barley and 2 spoons of vegetables to each idli and heat in oven for 20 minutes.
- Unmold the idlis when it somewhat cool.
- Serve it.
Other Similar Recipes
- Barley Idlis
- Double Decker Idlis
- Cooked Rice Idli
- Coconut Chutney (idlis and Dosas)
- Kanchipuram Idli
- Dal and Vegetable Idli ( Pregnancy Recipe)
- Dosa (Idlis & Dosas)
- Nutritious Stuffed Idlis
- Moong Dal Idlis
- Nutritious Idlis
- Idli Upma