Soan Papdi is a crispy Indian sweet suitable for any occasion. Soan Papdi is square shaped sweet, and has a crisp and flaky texture. Soan Papdi preparation requires sugar, gram flour, flour, ghee, milk, and cardamom. Learn how to prepare Son Papdi here.
|Preparation Time||15 mins|
|Cooking Time||30 mins|
Ingredients for Soan Papdi
- Besan-1-1/4 cup
- Maida -1-1/4 cup
- Water-1-1/2 cup
- Milk-2 tbsp
- Ghee-250 gms
- Sugar- 2-1/2 cups
- Cardamom Seeds -1/2 tsp
- Charmagaz-2 tsp
- Thin Polythene Sheet- 4 Inches Square Pieces
How to make Soan Papdi
- Mix maida and besan properly.
- Heat the ghee in a pan.
- Add flour to the mixture and roast it on low flame while stirring until the mixture turns its color.
- Keep it aside to cool for few minutes, and stir it occasionally to avoid lumps.
- Make syrup using sugar, water and milk of 2-1/2 thread consistency.
- Put into the flour mixture.
- Now whisk the mixture to form thread like structure with the help of fork.
- Transfer this mixture onto a greased surface and roll to 1 inch thickness.
- Add the charmagaz seeds and cardamom. Press them a little so that they get struck on the top.
- Cut into 1 inch squares, when cool.
- Wrap separately into square pieces of thin polythene sheet.
- Sohan papdi is ready.
Other Similar Recipes
- Amrit peda
- Dry fruit barfi
- Gulab jamun
- Kaju pista roll