Seviya Kheer or Khir is one of the easiest desserts and is very popular. Seviya Kheer recipe is a great variation to the Rice Kheer. It is called seviya in Hindi and semiya in Tamil. Learn how to prepare Seviya Kheer by following the given steps.
|Preparation Time||15 mins|
|Cooking Time||30 mins|
Ingredients for Seviya Kheer
- Milk-2 litres
- Sugar-2 cups
- Saffron -20 strands
- Almonds-10 to 12
- Pistachios -10 to 12
- Vermicelli -3 tbsp
- Ghee -1 tbsp
- Cardamoms -10
- Water -1 cup
How to make Seviya Kheer
- Heat ghee on low flame and sauté the vermicelli turn over brown.
- Mix continuously to avoid getting them burnt. Draw off ghee.
- Take a vessel and simmer milk into it.
- After the first boil, let it simmer add them to vermicelli, cardamoms and saffron.
- Keep blending continuously.
- Boil till the vermicelli is warm and reduce the quantity of milk.
- Add sugar and cook till the sugar melts properly.
- Simmer water and then add almonds and pistachios into boiling water for few minutes.
- Cool the dry fruits and then peel off their skin.
- Cut it and add to the cooked milk.
- Serve hot.
Other Similar Recipes
- Fish fried rice with veggies
- Onion marmalade with pumpkin and cheery bavarian