Rasgulla is a very popular sweet dish originated from the Indian state of Orissa. People throughout India and other parts of South Asia loves to eat Rasgulla. Rasgulla preparation is done making balls of chhena and cooked in sugar syrup. Learn how to prepare Rasgulla by following the given recipe.
|Preparation Time||15 mins|
|Cooking Time||30 mins|
Ingredients for Rasgulla
- Milk - 1/2 litre
- Maida - 2 tsp
- lemon Juice
- Sugar- 1 cup
- Water- 1 cup
- Rose Essence or Cardamom Powder - 2-3 drops
How to make Rasgulla
- Boil the milk and then keep it aside.
- Add lemon juice.
- Stir slowly until froth appears on the top.
- Strain milk, the curd after straining is called chenna.
- Rinse chenna properly.
- Then rub chenna to make smooth dough.
- Add flour and rub again.
- Make small balls of equal size and keep aside.
- Make sugar syrup. Mix sugar and water in a pan and take it to boil.
- Add balls to the syrup and cook for 15 minutes with somewhat covered.
- Chenna dumplings will soak the syrup and gets puffed up.
- Put them in refrigerator to cool down.
- After cooling, serve it.
Other Similar Recipes
- Gulab Jamun
- Kaju Pista Roll
- Kala Jamun
- Kharek Ka Halwa
- Parwal Ki Burfi