A modak is a sweet recipe. Modak recipe is the famous recipe of maharashtrian people. Modak is the pleasance of lord ganesha. Modak recipe is made by rice flour, milk and coconut. It’s a very delicious recipe.
|Preparation Time||15 mins|
|Cooking Time||30 mins|
Ingredients for Modak
- Rice Flour-3 cups
- Water -6 cups
- Oil-6 tsp
- Grated Coconut-4 cups
- Sugar 1-2 cup
How to make Modak
- Take a pan. Boil the water and add it in oil for outer covering.
- After that add the rice flour, stir it to avoid ball. Cover the mixture and keep it aside and wait until it cool.
- When it gets cool, kneed it well into dough.
- Now take some coconut and sugar in a pan for the stuffing. Add some milk in it. Stir it well on low flame and take off heat.
- Now make the balls using this mixture. The mixture should be dry.
- Flatten them on the palm into a circle. Stuff it with the mixture. And cover it with the dough.
- Fold this dough from centre. Now cook this modak in a cooker for 8-10 minutes, until done.
Other Similar Recipes
- Malai peda
- Mava kesar roll
- Gulab jamun
- Kharek ka halwa
- Dry fruit barfi