Malpua is an Indian pancake served as a dessert or a snack. It's an Oriya dessert which is also served to Jagannath in his Sakala Dhupa. Learn how to make/prepare Malpua by following this easy recipe.
|Preparation Time||15 mins|
|Cooking Time||30 mins|
Ingredients for Malpua
- Milk-1 litre
- Maida -1/4 cup
- Suji-1/4 cup
How to make Malpua
- Take a bowl and evaporate the milk until it reduces the half.
- Take another pan and roast the rava until it gets light brown. Add the milk with maida and stir it continuously to avoid lumps. Stir it until the paste has smooth.
- Heat the ghee. Take the paste in a glass.
- Pour this batter into the ghee in circular movements. Turn it another side. And take care until it gets crispy.
- Make liquid of sugar. Steep the Malpua in the syrup.
- Malpua dish is ready. Serve it hot.
Some Useful Tips
- Keep in mind that when you pour the batter into the ghee in circular movements. It shouldn’t steep down in pan. Turn it frequently and take care until it gets crispy.
Other Similar Recipes
- Blackstrap molasses