Karanji Recipe is a traditional maharashtrian sweet. Karanji is usually made on Diwali festival. Karanji is famous with different names at different places. Karanji is also known as gujiya. You can preserve Karanjis for weeks.
|Preparation Time||15 mins|
|Cooking Time||30 mins|
Ingredients for Karanji
- Wheat Flour-1 cup
- Ghee-3 tbsp
- Salt-1 pinch
- Oil - half litre
- Grated Coconut-1 cup
- Sugar-3 to 4 cups
- Milk- 2 cups
- Some Almonds and Raisins
- Cardamom Powder-1/2 tsp
- Poppy Seeds-1 tbsp
How to make Karanji
- Take ghee, salt and flour and mix them well.
- Slowly add water to form a dough.
- Now wrap it with wet cloth and keep a side.
Method to Prepare Filling
- Take the grated coconut and cook it with cardamom powder, almonds, raisins, sugar, milk, and poppy seeds until the milk gets completely dissolved.
- Divide the dough into equal portions, beat them into chapati like structure but smaller in size.
- Place a Some filling at the centre and fold the cover in half.
- Seal the edges by applying a little milk and pressing down hard.
- Make the boundary using cutter.
- After all stuffing process is over, fry them in oil till they turn golden brown.
- Note that the oil should be very hot.
- Drain them on tissue paper and allow cooling.
Some Useful Tips
You can add any dry fruit according to your taste.
Other Similar Recipes
- Amrit peda
- Dry fruit barfi
- Gulab jamun
- Kaju pista roll