Ghatia is a popular recipe and is especially made on the occasion of Diwali. This is a spaghetti shaped spicy crunchy snack, made with gram flour. Learn how to prepare Ghatia by following the given steps.
|Preparation Time||15 mins|
|Cooking Time||30 mins|
Ingredients for Ghatia
- Garbanzo Beans-1/2 kg
- Water-1 to 2 cups
- Caraway Seeds - 1 1/2 tsp
- Oil-2 tbsp
- Salt According to Taste
- Oil-1/2 cup
How to make Ghatia
- Take gram flour and grease it with oil.
- Then add salt and caraway seeds to the flour.
- Now make well like structure in the center, add enough water and close the dough.
- Heat oil in a kadhai.
- Roll out the dough into flat shape and cut it into long strips.
- Heat some oil and put the strips into it.
- Remove Strips when they turn brown.
- Drain on tissue paper.
- Ghatia is ready to be eaten or stored.
Some Useful Tips
- You can store them at least for 15 days in air tight container.
- You can also eat it by deep frying it.
Other Similar Recipes
- Rice Kheer
- Channa Dal Kheer
- Amrit Peda