Chanar Payesh recipe is a very popular Indian recipe. Chanar Payesh recipe is a Bengali recipe. Chanar Payesh basically means paneer rice. Chanar Payesh recipe can be easily cooked and can be taken as meal. Learn how to prepare Chanar Payesh recipe by following this page.
|Preparation Time||15 mins|
|Cooking Time||30 mins|
Ingredients for Chanar Payesh
- Milk-1 ½ litre
- Sugar-1 cup
- Chopped Pistachios-7 to 8 pieces
- A Few Strands Of Kesar
- Lemon Juice-1 1/2 tbsp
- Almonds -5 to 6
How to make Chanar Payesh
- Take two tablespoons of warm milk and soak saffron in it and keep aside.
- Boil half litre of milk and add lemon juice to it and stir it till the milk curdles.
- Pour the milk on a muslin cloth and strain it.
- After that dip it in ice cold water till completely cool and strain again and keep aside.
- Boil the remaining milk. Add few strands of saffron to it and then allow the milk to simmer in low heat till reduced to half.
- Add sugar and stir till completely dissolved.
- Smash the curdled milk in a bowl and add it to the milk and simmer again.
- Add almonds, pistachios and soaked saffron.
Other Similar Recipes
- Rice kheer
- Channa dal kheer