Chana Dal Payasam
Chana dal payasam recipe is a popular south Indian recipe. Payasam is a dessert that is commonly made in south India. Chana dal payasam recipe can be made in number of ways. Chana dal payasam is the one that kids love and is very easy to cook.
|Preparation Time||15 mins|
|Cooking Time||30 mins|
Ingredients for Chana Dal Payasam
- Chana Dal- 1/2 cup
- grated Coconut -1 cup
- Ghee-3 tbsp
- Jaggery-1 cup
- Crushed Cardamoms-5
- Chopped Coconut-2 tbsp
- Cashewnuts -5
How to make Chana Dal Payasam
- Wash and soak the grams.
- Take a pan and heat the ghee. Add coconut to it and stir till turns brown. Keep it aside.
- In the same ghee add the cashew nuts, fry it and keep aside.
- Take half a cup of hot water and soak coconut into it for 10 to 15 minute. Extract its milk and throw the rest.
- Boil the gram with sufficient water.
- After that add the jaggery and the coconut milk.
- Cook till the mixture is thick while stirring occasionally.
- Add and mix thoroughly the ghee and cardamoms.
Other Similar Recipes
- Amrit peda
- Gulab jamun
- Rice kheer
- Channa dal kheer