Burfi is a common Indian sweet. Burfi recipes are made all over India and are made in variety of ways. Burfi preparation can be done in variety of layers also, 1 layer Burfi, 2 layer Burfi, 3 layer Burfi. Learn easy to make Burfi Recipe by following the given steps or video.
|Preparation Time||15 mins|
|Cooking Time||30 mins|
Ingredients for Burfi
- Milk -2 cup
- Lemon Juice-2 tsp
- Milk Powder-2 tbsp
- powdered Sugar -3 tbsp
- Ghee-3 tbsp
- Cardamom Powder-1tsp
- Silver Foil
How to make Burfi
- Take a pan and heat the desired milk.
- After that add lemon juice to the milk.
- Place the milk in a muslin cloth for about 3 to 4 hours.
- After 4 hours, you will get milk converted into cheese.
- Add milk powder and sugar to the cheese. Mix well
- Heat the ghee in a pan and add the mixture to it.
- Fry the mixture over low flame till the ghee gets separated.
- After that, keep it aside and add cardamom powder and allow it to cool.
- Place the mixture over the plate and pat the mixture into a flat cake and keep it aside to cool.
- Cut into squares and decorate with silver foil.
Some Useful Tips
It’s your choice either to add silver foil or not because its main purpose is decoration. It doesn’t add any taste.
Other Similar Recipes
- Khoya burfi
- Lauki burfi
- Walnut burfi