Yogurt fish is a very delicious Bengali recipe. This recipe is very easy and quick to prepare. Read the instructions given below to find out how to make this recipe at home.
|Preparation Time||15 mins|
|Cooking Time||25 mins|
Ingredients For Yogurt Fish
- Fish- 500 gm
- blended smooth curd - 2 cups
- mustard oil- 4 tbsp
- flour- ½ tsp
- bay leaf- 1
- cinnamon- 1
- cardamom- 1
- ginger paste- 2 tsp
- onion paste- 1 tsp
- red chili powder- 2 tsp
- turmeric powder- 1 tsp
- cumin powder- 1 tsp
- sugar- 1 tsp
- Salt To Taste
How To Make Yogurt Fish
- Cut fish into desired size and shape.
- Roll these pieces of fish in flour.
- Heat oil in a pan
- Fry fish in oil till it turns golden brown in color.
- Take out and soak excess oil with paper towels.
- Pour rest of the oil in pan and fry bay leaf, cinnamon and cardamom.
- Put in onion, ginger, cumin and turmeric powder.
- Pour some water if it becomes too dry. Fry for a while.
- Add in curd and let it simmer on low heat till oil comes up.
- Put in fish pieces and add water, sugar and salt.
- Let it simmer till gravy thickens.
- Serve it along with plain rice.
Other Similar Recipes
- Fish molee
- Geflite fish
- Fish tacos