Unakkameen Podichathu is wonderful recipe made from dried fish. Even though you will have to go through stench of dried fish but the end result is well worth it. Learn how to prepare this recipe by following steps given below
|Preparation Time||15 mins|
|Cooking Time||15 mins|
Ingredients For Unakkameen Podichathu
- 8Dry fish
- ½ cup Chopped onions
- 2 tsp Red chili flakes
- Garlic- 1 tsp
- 1 tsp Red chili powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
How To Make Unakkameen Podichathu
- To reduce excess salt from dry fish/ unakkameen, keep it in water for five hours.
- Take out the fish and dry it before marinating it with turmeric powder and chili powder.
- Take a pan and heat oil in it. Shallow fry the fish pieces till they are reddish brown. Use paper towels to soak up extra oil.
- Make paste of garlic, chopped onions and chili flakes.
- Then put in the fried fish pieces and break them into smaller pieces.
- Serve along with rice.
Other Similar Recipes
- Fish tacos
- Fish molee