Tuna Rice Puff
Tuna Rice puff made easy with simple and easy instructions provided here. Tuna Rice puff is an excellent recipe to be made for family get- together.
|Preparation Time||15 mins|
|Cooking Time||90 mins|
Ingredients For Tuna Rice Puff
- Uncooked white rice- 2/3 cups
- Water- 1 1/3 cups
- Egg Whites- 2
- Butter- 1/3 cup
- all-purpose Flour- 1/4 cup
- Salt- 1 tsp
- ground Black Pepper- 1/4 tsp
- Milk- 1 1/2 cups
- Egg Yolks- 2
- Tuna, with water- 1can
- Grated onion- 2 tbsp
- Lemon Juice- 1 tbsp
How To Make Tuna Rice Puff
- Take water in a pot and boil rice in it. Lower the flames to medium and put a lid on. Let the rice simmer for 25 minutes. Remove from heat once done.
- Oven should be pre-heated at 325° F.
- Take a mixing bowl and whisk egg whites in it.
- Take a large sauce pan and melt butter in it. Add salt, pepper and flour in it. Cook till it becomes like a pasty and is light brown in color. Start adding in milk while stirring. Let it simmer for 5 min while stirring constantly.
- In a bowl whisk two egg yolks. Slowly pour milk into it and keep mixing.
- Pour this egg yolk mixture into pan with the amount of milk left and stir until smooth. Cook for two min with constant stirring.
- Take this milk sauce off heat and add in rice, onion, tuna, and lemon juice. Now fold in the egg whites with this mixture till it all has nicely combined. Place this mixture in a casserole dish.
- Bake this in the preheated oven for 40 minutes or till it has puffed slightly and has acquired golden brown color.
Other Similar Recipes
- Tuna curry
- Lobster puff