Sarson Machhi is an Indian fish curry which is prepared with mustard seeds as base. This recipe is loved everywhere in India and is very easy to prepare. An easy recipe has been provided for you to prepare sarson machhi at home.
|Preparation Time||15 mins|
|Cooking Time||15 mins|
Ingredients For Sarson Machhi
- rohu or hilsa fish, cut into small pieces- 1/2 kg
- coriander leaves chopped- 1/2 tsp
- mustard seeds- 1 tsp
- poppy seeds- 1 tsp
- cumin seeds- 1 tsp
- Kashmiri chilies- 4 to 5
- garlic cloves- 8
- turmeric powder- 1/2 tsp
- kalonji- ¼ tsp
- small raw mango, cut into pieces- 1
- chopped green chillies- 4
- mustard oil- 4 tbsp
- a few curry leaves
- salt as required
How To Make Sarson Machhi
- Wash and clean the fish.
- Rub the pieces of fish with 2 tsp salt and 1 tsp turmeric powder and set aside.
- Heat up oil in a pan.
- Put in curry leaves and kalonji.
- Right when kalonji starts spluttering add fish pieces and fry them.
- Drop all other ingredients in food processor and make a paste of them.
- Pour two cups of water for gravy and mix well.Add 2 cups of water for the gravy and stir well.
- Sprinkle garam masala and salt as needed.
- Let it simmer till the gravy thickens.
- Use green chilies and coriander leaves for garnishing.
- Sarson machhi is nicely complemented by hot plain rice.
Other Similar Recipes
- Fish molee
- Fish tacos
- Geflite fish