Pomfret Curry is a delicious fish recipe which can be prepared easily at home. Follow this simple method to learn the preparation of this tasty recipe.
|Preparation Time||15 minutes|
|Cooking Time||15 minutes|
Ingredients For Pomfret Curry
- Pomfrets (Butter Fish)-two
- Properly chopped onion-one
- No of garlic flakes-6
- No of green chillies-4
- Coriander leaves
- Half cup of groundnuts
- Half cup of properly grated coconut
- One teaspoon of coriander seeds
- Half teaspoon of cumin seeds
- Half teaspoon of mustard seeds
- Half teaspoon of turmeric powder
- One teaspoon of red chilli powder
- No of black peppers-5
- No of cloves-2
- Bay leaves-two
- 3 tablespoon oil
- Add Salt according to taste
- one tablespoon of gram dal
How To Make Pomfret Curry
- Firstly properly wash and clean the fish properly and then divide it in pieces.
- Now rub turmeric powder and salt and turmeric powder to the prepared fish pieces
- Now prepare a paste type mixture of coriander leaves, garlic and chilies and apply this mixture on fish pieces.
- Leave it on one side for about 30mins.
- Now grill the groundnuts and then peel off its covering.
- Prepare a fine paste type mixture of coconut, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, groundnuts and gram dal
- Take a frying pan and heat some oil in it.
- Now add bay leaves, cloves, pepper and mustard seeds in it and then add some onions to the pan and fry them till it becomes golden brown in colour
- Now prepare a coconut paste and add it to the mixture and place it on heat for about 6 to 7mins
- Now add 3 cups of water the mixture and start boiling it and do this for about 2 to 3 minutes
- Finally add fish pieces to the mixture and add salt according to taste and cook it for about 10mins till fish gets properly cooked
- Use coriander leaves for garnishing.
- The recipe prepared can be served hot.
Some Useful Tips
- The green gravy in the recipe can be prepared using either pomfrets, mackerels or prawns.
Other similar recipes
- Brinjal curry
- Hyderabadi fish curry