Meen Curry is a very delicious fish recipe which is quite easy in preparation. To prepare this tasty recipe you just have to follow these simple steps
|Preparation Time||15 minutes|
|Cooking Time||15 minutes|
Ingredients For Meen Curry
- ½ kg Fish
- two stems of Curry leaves
- No of Green chillies - five
- 1 tablespoon of Red chilly powder
- 3 tablespoon of Coriander powder
- Half teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon of Mustard seeds
- Add Salt as per requirement
- Tamarind(Valan puli) or Kukum star(Kodam puli)
- 4 tablespoon of Oil
- 2 medium Onions
- 2 medium Tomatoes
- Small piece of Ginger
- No of Garlic pods - three
- Half Grated coconut
How To Make Meen Curry
- Firstly take a frying pan and heat some oil in it.
- Now add mustard seeds to the pan and wait for the time they start splitting and then add some curry leaves to it.
- Now add ground paste mixture to it and stir for about 2 minutes and then add turmeric powder, coriander powder and red chilly powder to the mixture.
- Now take another vessel and put the prepared coconut paste in it and combine it with 500 ml of salt and water.
- Now put this coconut mixture in the frying pan and add some fish pieces to it after 2mins.
- Make sure you stir the fish slowly otherwise it will start splitting
- Finally properly close the lid of the pan and boil it for about 10mins before serving.
Some Useful Tips
- The amount of spices to be added in recipe can be changed as per individual’s taste.
Other similar recipes
- Fish tacos
- Fish molee