Malaysian Fish Curry
Malaysian Fish Curry is a spicy tasty fish recipe which can be easily prepared at home. Follow this simple method to prepare this delicious recipe
|Preparation Time||15 minutes|
|Cooking Time||15 minutes|
Ingredients For Malaysian Fish Curry
- 500 gram black Pomfret
- 10 Okra (without pole ends )
- One properly chopped Onion
- No of Tomatoes divided in pieces-2
- Fish Curry Powder-3 tablespoon
- Dried Tamarind -3 tablespoon
- Water-2 1/4th Cups
- Black Mustard Seeds -1 teaspoon
- Fenugreek Seeds-1/4 teaspoon
- Cumin Seed-1 teaspoon
- Curry Leaf-one
- No of halved green Chilies -2
- Garlic Cloves-five
- Coconut milk-one cup
- Oil-4 tablespoon
- Salt- 1 teaspoon
How To Make Malaysian Fish Curry
- Use a blender to grate onion and garlic and form a smooth paste type mixture and add some oil to keep the mixture running and then leave it on one side.
- Now add curry powder with 4 tablespoon of water in it to form a paste type mixture and leave it aside.
- Dip tamarind pulp in 2 cups of water for about 5mins, and then squash it to get juice from it and then leave it on one side.
- Now take a pan and heat some oil in it and then add curry leaves, fenugreek, cumin and mustard in it and sauté it till seeds starts popping up.
- Now combine garlic onion paste to it and stir fry it on a low flame till the time the mixture starts becoming brown.
- Now add some curry paste in it and heat it on a low flame till it becomes drained and by the time oil starts separating
- Finally add tamarind juice in it and start boiling it and then add salt, coconut milk, tomatoes, fish to the mixture
- Now heat it for 10mins or till the time okras and fish gets properly cooked.
Some Useful Tips
- You can buy fresh curry leaves and Galangal easily from selected grocery stores and Asian food shops.
Tamarind mixture and Shrimp paste are easily available at Asian food shops.
Other similar recipes
- Fish molee
- Fish tacos