Macher Jhol is a famous Bengali recipe which is really delicious in taste. Follow this simple method to prepare this traditional Bengali recipe.
|Preparation Time||15 minutes|
|Cooking Time||15 minutes|
Ingredients For Macher Jhol
- 4 pieces of fish
- 2 Potatoes divided like finger chips
- One small finely chopped Onion
- ½ tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Chilli powder
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
- 2 tbsp Mustard oil
- No of Bay leaf- 2
- Add Salt according to taste
How To Make Macher Jhol
- Start the process by separately saute potatoes and fish pieces and leave it on one side.
- Take a pan and heat some oil in it and fry onions and bay leaves in it.
- Now start adding spices to fried onions and then sauté it for some time.
- Now fried potatoes and 2 cups of water to the mixture
- Put this liquid on heat till the time it starts heating up and then add fish pieces to it
- Boil potatoes till it gets completely cooked.
- The recipe prepared can be served well with rice.
Other Similar Recipes
- Geflite fish
- Fish molee
- Fish tacos